Prostate Surgery is Next.
-
Maddawg
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 pm
- Location: My land , NC
Prostate Surgery is Next.
I debating going the surgical route for my prostate issue. I stand at the toilet having to piss like a toddler for 5 minutes before anything comes out most mornings. During the day I can start a stream but it’s not steady. I’m scheduled for a MRI to look at my prostate end of November and the start of November an implant revision. Have any of you had prostate surgery to help with piss flow? Which surgery did you go with and tell me what you want and can about recovery, before and after etc…
Born 1982 - Married since 2001— BPH & ED for 10yrs. All solutions failed.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
-
I’mJustSayin’
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2025 7:17 pm
- Location: North Georgia
Re: Prostate Surgery is Next.
Maddawg wrote:I debating going the surgical route for my prostate issue. I stand at the toilet having to piss like a toddler for 5 minutes before anything comes out most mornings. During the day I can start a stream but it’s not steady. I’m scheduled for a MRI to look at my prostate end of November and the start of November an implant revision. Have any of you had prostate surgery to help with piss flow? Which surgery did you go with and tell me what you want and can about recovery, before and after etc…
I had the Rezum procedure (steam ablation) ten years ago, with very good results. At that point I’d had BPH for about 25 years, with symptoms getting gradually worse. The prostate had reduced urine flow to a trickle and I rarely passed a men’s room without stopping in, just in case I didn’t see another for a while. I’m not saying that I could write my name in the snow today, but my urine flow is still very good and I almost never get up in the night to go pee.
Having said that, I expect that I’m an outlier in that most men may need a re-treatment before the ten year mark. The only downside for me has been reduced semen quantity, but I’m OK with that trade off.
Recovery was not bad for me. Foley catheter stayed in a day or two, so after that came out there was some stinging with urination for a couple of days.
73 y.o. ED 35+ years. N GA Married
Pills and Trimix worked (mostly) until they didn’t.
BPH. Rezum 2016. Shockwave 2025
Venous leak, Peyronies
“Open-Dick Surgery” April 14, 2026
Dr. Hakky, Atlanta
Titan 26cm penoscrotal
classic pump, 125cc reservoir
Pills and Trimix worked (mostly) until they didn’t.
BPH. Rezum 2016. Shockwave 2025
Venous leak, Peyronies
“Open-Dick Surgery” April 14, 2026
Dr. Hakky, Atlanta
Titan 26cm penoscrotal
classic pump, 125cc reservoir
-
GoodWood
- Posts: 1763
- Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 pm
Re: Prostate Surgery is Next.
I’m considering prostate artery embolization. It’s non-invasive. Done under local or light sedation. The artery is accessed at the wrist and a thin catheter is snaked down to the arteries feeding the prostate. Some glue is injected into them, knocking out blood flow to the prostate. Part of the prostate tissue is killed off as a result and it shrinks reducing symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
If anyone has experience with that procedure let us know about the experience and the result.
If anyone has experience with that procedure let us know about the experience and the result.
58yo, NYC. ED started at 40. Pills, then shots for 10 years. 24cm Coloplast Titan XL w/classic pump by Dr Eid 3/25/2025. Will meet for show & tell.
Implant journal: [url] viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26225[/url]
Implant journal: [url] viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26225[/url]
-
ftwabeck3533
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:21 pm
- Location: South Alabama
Re: Prostate Surgery is Next.
Maddawg wrote:I debating going the surgical route for my prostate issue. I stand at the toilet having to piss like a toddler for 5 minutes before anything comes out most mornings. During the day I can start a stream but it’s not steady. I’m scheduled for a MRI to look at my prostate end of November and the start of November an implant revision. Have any of you had prostate surgery to help with piss flow? Which surgery did you go with and tell me what you want and can about recovery, before and after etc…
Let us know what type of surgery you are considering. I'm assuming you don't have a cancer diagnosis?
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 20 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)
-
Maddawg
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 pm
- Location: My land , NC
Re: Prostate Surgery is Next.
I'm considering the Steam killing of the flesh where they go down the Penis. I want to retain the ability to Ejaculate but feeling like a toddler has run it's course with me. I bounced the comparison off of Chat GPT (No cancer Diagnoses, and already implanted so not worried about ED)
| Option | Urinary improvement | Durability | Ejaculation preservation |
| **Aquablation** | Strong | Strong | Better than TURP/HoLEP, but not guaranteed |
| **Rezūm** | Moderate–good | Good | Usually quite favorable |
| **UroLift** | Moderate | Moderate | Usually very favorable |
| **GreenLight** | Strong | Strong | Ejaculatory dysfunction more common |
| **HoLEP** | Very strong | Excellent | Ejaculation usually affected |
| Option | Urinary improvement | Durability | Ejaculation preservation |
| **Aquablation** | Strong | Strong | Better than TURP/HoLEP, but not guaranteed |
| **Rezūm** | Moderate–good | Good | Usually quite favorable |
| **UroLift** | Moderate | Moderate | Usually very favorable |
| **GreenLight** | Strong | Strong | Ejaculatory dysfunction more common |
| **HoLEP** | Very strong | Excellent | Ejaculation usually affected |
Born 1982 - Married since 2001— BPH & ED for 10yrs. All solutions failed.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1322
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: Prostate Surgery is Next.
Dr. Hakky will be doing a Rezum procedure on me on Oct. 15. Will let ya’ll know how it goes.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Return to “General Discussion”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], ClaudeBot, Google [Bot] and 185 guests
