Well today it failed!
-
Maddawg
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 pm
- Location: My land , NC
Well today it failed!
Today while doing the deed while on a vacation 25yr (anniversary)! My titan Coloplast failed. It went down and I looked down. It looked like a golf ball was at the shaft and my sack got heavy. I pressed the release and it went down further. I immediately called the Doctor and they said don’t worry about the liquid my body will absorb it and it sounds like a mechanical failure. I’m bummed that my anniversary is tomorrow and I’m out of commission but at least I don’t have to get evac’ed or out of country ER. Anyone else have this happen recently? I’ve been complaining about the cords being all jumbled up and tied around the base for a while.
Born 1982 - Married since 2001— BPH & ED for 10yrs. All solutions failed.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
-
lasthope2.0
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2025 1:23 pm
Re: Well today it failed!
Maddawg wrote:Today while doing the deed while on a vacation 25yr (anniversary)! My titan Coloplast failed. It went down and I looked down. It looked like a golf ball was at the shaft and my sack got heavy. I pressed the release and it went down further. I immediately called the Doctor and they said don’t worry about the liquid my body will absorb it and it sounds like a mechanical failure. I’m bummed that my anniversary is tomorrow and I’m out of commission but at least I don’t have to get evac’ed or out of country ER. Anyone else have this happen recently? I’ve been complaining about the cords being all jumbled up and tied around the base for a while.
Sorry for the unexpected malfunction. About 4-5 years is the median we are seeing for “failed” implants from FDA reports. It’s normal in my personal book. I’m sure you’ve had the best 4 years of your life. My Titan implant is only a few months old, and I’m having the best time of my life. I hope your revision is smooth as butter.
2024 - Genesis 22/13, 2026 - Titan Classic 22 for girth, rigidity and base stability problems
-
Maddawg
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 pm
- Location: My land , NC
Re: Well today it failed!
Rottencarcass wrote:Sorry didn't mean to burry your post...anyways...I got one question...are you really bummed because of the ruined anniversary or is it the shitty ipps reliability ?
More so the ruined anniversary. Mine worked good and got a lot of mileage lol I’ll get it fixed or replaced and go back to work with it.
Born 1982 - Married since 2001— BPH & ED for 10yrs. All solutions failed.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
-
vincentarpino
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2025 7:35 pm
- Location: Somewhere, NY
Re: Well today it failed!
I have an AMS 700 LGX. It was implanted on 11/4/2025. It failed in June 2026. Just had revision surgery on 7/21/2026. This one seems to be much better than the original which I think was defective to begin with.
66. 3x colorectal cancer survivor. 2x Stage 4. Chemo,Type 2 diabetes,took its toll on my ED. Pills, VED, HRT no longer worked.AMS 700 LGX/Tenacio implanted 11/4/25. 15cmw/2cm RTE. Cycling daily. Now 6.25"L & 5.75"G. Happy & Lucky!
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1302
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: Well today it failed!
Sucks to have to go under the knife again. How long did your device last before the failure? Maybe you can get the new Titan Prime as a replacement. Should be more durable.
Last edited by ElbowRoom on Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
ViaSwiss
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 am
Re: Well today it failed!
I literally have bad dreams about mine failing haha.
How quickly were you able to get an appointment for a replacement? And is Coloplast covering part of it? I believe they have a warranty for 10 years.
How quickly were you able to get an appointment for a replacement? And is Coloplast covering part of it? I believe they have a warranty for 10 years.
Age 39. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18. Implant at 34.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky
-
Maddawg
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 pm
- Location: My land , NC
Re: Well today it failed!
Well I get in to see the Dr. pretty fast. We got back from vacation Saturday and I had to turn around and Fly out again on Sunday. But I’ve been in talks with my VA doc as well as Dr Lentz office. I go see him Thursday to see what the plan is. I will bring up the tubing issues, the left glans point seems to be a little off at times and my wife says that it’s “stabbing” her. The noisy pump. I might as well give a review while there. Hopefully they can fit me in for revision fast. I will tell them I can drop what ever I’m doing if they have a cancellation!
Born 1982 - Married since 2001— BPH & ED for 10yrs. All solutions failed.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Implanted 11/15/22 Duke - Dr Lentz -
Coloplast Titan 26cm +3cm RTE 125 res Complete failure 9/23/26…waiting on verdict.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, ClaudeBot, Majestic-12 [Bot], YandexBot and 334 guests
