I couldn’t find any related posts on this subject so I thought I’d ask the class. I’m on my second implant with Dr. Clavell. In Clavells post op notes he mentioned that my testicles were “tiny”. I can’t help but think being on TRT for 3 years is the main contributing factor. I really enjoy being on TRT for several reasons, but I feel like the tiny testicles are a problem for longevity of the implant and for future revisions mainly because the titan prime has a little bit bigger pump.
I’m thinking about just getting off of it altogether and hoping I don’t crash out and regain my natural TRT or maybe talking to a urologist about HCG alongside the TRT. I fear the small testicles could contribute to early failure again since there isn’t much separation from the penis to the scrotum.
What would you guys do if me? Just ride it out?
Talk to Clavell about HCG ? Anyone else have this issue ?
TRT question
-
Franklin22
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:40 pm
TRT question
44 distal corporal fibrosis., Have used viagra, Cialis, and injections. Implanted 7-12-23 apart of the #Clavellnation
Revision 4-1-26
20 cm titan 1 RTE
Revision 4-1-26
20 cm titan 1 RTE
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1309
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: TRT question
I've been on TRT for decades and my testicles are the size of large almonds. No worries unless you're trying to get somebody pregnant. It hasn't made any difference in my life whatsoever. It's just the nature of TRT...the testicles don't have to work to produce testosterone so they atrophy.
You can add HGH if desired, but really it's just an aesthetic thing. My girlfriend didn't even notice my small testicles until I pointed it out to her.
You're unlikely to gain back normal testosterone if you stop TRT. Past a certain point the testes are very unlikely to reactivate, and given they are very small for you they were probably already in atrophy before you started TRT. As my primary doc said about mine: "those testes are toast, you need to stay on TRT". The upside is you can adjust your TRT to a high number and have great muscle mass, endurance, and libido. I'm 59 and my girl says I'm the horniest man she's ever met and marvels at my endurance. My T number stays around 850-1000.
You can add HGH if desired, but really it's just an aesthetic thing. My girlfriend didn't even notice my small testicles until I pointed it out to her.
You're unlikely to gain back normal testosterone if you stop TRT. Past a certain point the testes are very unlikely to reactivate, and given they are very small for you they were probably already in atrophy before you started TRT. As my primary doc said about mine: "those testes are toast, you need to stay on TRT". The upside is you can adjust your TRT to a high number and have great muscle mass, endurance, and libido. I'm 59 and my girl says I'm the horniest man she's ever met and marvels at my endurance. My T number stays around 850-1000.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
Rider1400
- Posts: 1529
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
- Location: Benton Arkansas
Re: TRT question
I’m on board with Elbow, highly unlikely to regain any function if going off TRT. More likely you would feel like crap and have no energy. I can’t see how having small nutz could in any way cause any issues with an IPP. If anything it allows more room for the pump. When Clavel initially examined me he said same thing…. “You have TRT testicals” and laughed. Yup been on it for 8-9 years. I also like Elbow keep my numbers upwards of 850 and stay horny most of the time. Just stay on it and enjoy the benefits.
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed
-
pjt1958
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm
Re: TRT question
agree - my testicles have gotten somewhat smaller with TRT but not noticeable so. I did inquire about HCG but it won't make em bigger if already shrunken, just prevent it from getting worse. It's also pretty expensive when compared to TRT alone.
65 with ED for >10 years. Failed pills, not happy with injections. Implanted 6/24/24 (AMS CX 21 cm) with Dr Darshan Patel at UCSD.
-
Franklin22
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:40 pm
Re: TRT question
Ok, I appreciate the answers. Sounds pretty common then on TRT with the implant. I was just worried the smaller testicles might contribute to another early malfunction. But, there doesn’t seem much I can do about it. I do enjoy being on TRT, I guess I’ll just ride it out till next time I need a revision.
44 distal corporal fibrosis., Have used viagra, Cialis, and injections. Implanted 7-12-23 apart of the #Clavellnation
Revision 4-1-26
20 cm titan 1 RTE
Revision 4-1-26
20 cm titan 1 RTE
-
Bearskin777
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2026 6:26 am
- Location: Atlanta
Re: TRT question
Yes to what ElbowRoom says. I've been doing TRT for 10 years, tiny nuts but good sex drive and not gaining weight etc. I'm also on hCG and pumping my balls. It might be the pumping but things feel and look bigger in my sack. A few years back I quit TRT. Don't do that without supervision. I gained weight and got depressed, and when I started back on TRT, everything was good again. Ask a Uro first.
61 yrs old, gay, married. Nudist and exhibitionist. ED for 10 years, recently found Peyronies. Atlanta. Titan via Dr. Hakky October 20, 2026. 7"x6" before Peyronies, 6.25 x 6.25" post-Peyronies with moderate up-curve.
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: TRT question
ElbowRoom wrote:I've been on TRT for decades and my testicles are the size of large almonds. No worries unless you're trying to get somebody pregnant. It hasn't made any difference in my life whatsoever. It's just the nature of TRT...the testicles don't have to work to produce testosterone so they atrophy.
You can add HGH if desired, but really it's just an aesthetic thing. My girlfriend didn't even notice my small testicles until I pointed it out to her.
You're unlikely to gain back normal testosterone if you stop TRT. Past a certain point the testes are very unlikely to reactivate, and given they are very small for you they were probably already in atrophy before you started TRT. As my primary doc said about mine: "those testes are toast, you need to stay on TRT". The upside is you can adjust your TRT to a high number and have great muscle mass, endurance, and libido. I'm 59 and my girl says I'm the horniest man she's ever met and marvels at my endurance. My T number stays around 850-1000.
Elbow, do you get testosterone injections, cream or the pellet?
I had my testosterone checked late last year and it was 660. I'm retired Air Force so the military primary doc and VA primary doc sort of rolled their eyes about that level which they believe is adequate. 5 years ago when I did my labs for my implant my level was at 890 which was pretty good, I felt good and I was pretty horny all the time at 63 years old.
I did go to a neighborhood wellness clinic that my wife goes to for her hormone and they got the same results with my testosterone level at 660. They said they would put me on injections or a pellet to get it higher but it's not covered by my military insurance and medicare. It was going to be around $2,500 a year for the treatment and labs to monitor my levels.
I might go back next year in 2027, it would be nice to gain more muscle and feel a lot better.
SWorks
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1309
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: TRT question
SWorks17 wrote:ElbowRoom wrote:I've been on TRT for decades and my testicles are the size of large almonds. No worries unless you're trying to get somebody pregnant. It hasn't made any difference in my life whatsoever. It's just the nature of TRT...the testicles don't have to work to produce testosterone so they atrophy.
You can add HGH if desired, but really it's just an aesthetic thing. My girlfriend didn't even notice my small testicles until I pointed it out to her.
You're unlikely to gain back normal testosterone if you stop TRT. Past a certain point the testes are very unlikely to reactivate, and given they are very small for you they were probably already in atrophy before you started TRT. As my primary doc said about mine: "those testes are toast, you need to stay on TRT". The upside is you can adjust your TRT to a high number and have great muscle mass, endurance, and libido. I'm 59 and my girl says I'm the horniest man she's ever met and marvels at my endurance. My T number stays around 850-1000.
Elbow, do you get testosterone injections, cream or the pellet?
I had my testosterone checked late last year and it was 660. I'm retired Air Force so the military primary doc and VA primary doc sort of rolled their eyes about that level which they believe is adequate. 5 years ago when I did my labs for my implant my level was at 890 which was pretty good, I felt good and I was pretty horny all the time at 63 years old.
I did go to a neighborhood wellness clinic that my wife goes to for her hormone and they got the same results with my testosterone level at 660. They said they would put me on injections or a pellet to get it higher but it's not covered by my military insurance and medicare. It was going to be around $2,500 a year for the treatment and labs to monitor my levels.
I might go back next year in 2027, it would be nice to gain more muscle and feel a lot better.
SWorks
I do injections once a week, my doc said that gives best levels and he seems to be right. Injections are about $100/mo if you self pay. They will say that you can’t reuse a vial and they are single use, but that’s bullshit. They give me 1ml vials and my dose is 0.3ml. I get 2.5 doses per vial. As long as your needles are sterile and you wipe the vial top with alcohol before each use you can keep using them. That way you at least halve the cost per month, and if you keep refilling you’ll build up a supply so you don’t run out if there’s a supply problem down the road.
You’ll need labs every 8 weeks or so for a few months to make sure you’re dialed in, but after than just check your level annually at your physical.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: TRT question
Thanks for the reply Elbow, that sounds pretty good, I would say less than $600.00 a year.
So, just to make sure, do you pick up a vial of testosterone and a syringe from your doctor once a month, and you use it 2.5 times? Alcohol wipe the syringe too, to reuse it also?
I think, but I’m not positive that my wife’s neighborhood wellness clinic has the guys come in for their injections. I don’t think they allow them to inject on their own but I could be wrong.
Thanks again Elbow
SWorks
So, just to make sure, do you pick up a vial of testosterone and a syringe from your doctor once a month, and you use it 2.5 times? Alcohol wipe the syringe too, to reuse it also?
I think, but I’m not positive that my wife’s neighborhood wellness clinic has the guys come in for their injections. I don’t think they allow them to inject on their own but I could be wrong.
Thanks again Elbow
SWorks
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, ClaudeBot, DotBot and 84 guests
