So, I just wanted to share the results of my revision after having the implant fail last June after just 8 months after surgery! I had the revision surgery on 7/21/26 and I was cleared for cycling on 9/8/26.
I have to say that this recovery and the start of cycling has been a much better experience and outcome.
I now have no doubts that I was originally implanted with a defective device last November
First thing...I immediately feel that vibrating feel when I hit the deflate button...everytime! I did not have that experience with the first implant.
Also, it has been a much quicker process to get my size back AND easier to pump to max. Taking into consideration that I now have experience at cycling, Perito Exercises and pumping and deflating in general...this implant is working much much better. I am going to try and post a pic.
My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
-
vincentarpino
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2025 7:35 pm
- Location: Somewhere, NY
My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
66. 3x colorectal cancer survivor. 2x Stage 4. Chemo,Type 2 diabetes,took its toll on my ED. Pills, VED, HRT no longer worked.AMS 700 LGX/Tenacio implanted 11/4/25. 15cmw/2cm RTE. Cycling daily. Now 6.25"L & 5.75"G. Happy & Lucky!
-
Quincy
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm
- Location: Boise, ID
Re: My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
Glad to hear of your success, and sorry you had so much trouble with the first one. I've had my LGX for 8 years now and I've always felt that buzzing when the deflate button is pushed deeply enough. It's the way I tell easily that it's deflating.
Good to know the 2nd surgery and recovery seem easier. I figure I'll have mine die on me at some point and will need a 2nd one. Not sure which model they will want me to use. I've liked the LGX but I know some guys get a CX or Titan for their revision surgery.
My doctor was very clear with the LGX that I would get some size back with frequent (4 x a day) inflation during the first year, and he was right. I got over an inch back in length. Has your doc said anything about that? Interested to know if you still need to do frequent inflation to get the best size possible, but I figure my capsule is already stretched as far as it will go - don't know how that would work for someone like you who didn't have a properly working 1st implant.
Anyway, best wishes. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Q.
Good to know the 2nd surgery and recovery seem easier. I figure I'll have mine die on me at some point and will need a 2nd one. Not sure which model they will want me to use. I've liked the LGX but I know some guys get a CX or Titan for their revision surgery.
My doctor was very clear with the LGX that I would get some size back with frequent (4 x a day) inflation during the first year, and he was right. I got over an inch back in length. Has your doc said anything about that? Interested to know if you still need to do frequent inflation to get the best size possible, but I figure my capsule is already stretched as far as it will go - don't know how that would work for someone like you who didn't have a properly working 1st implant.
Anyway, best wishes. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
-
vincentarpino
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2025 7:35 pm
- Location: Somewhere, NY
Re: My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
Hi Q:
My surgeon is a urology surgeon at a Cancer Institute, so he's not really the best source to discuss length and girth through cycling. So, everything I've learned was from Drs. Clavell and Perito.
I cycle 2X/day with Perito Exercises. I already have recovered my size
And,the pump has softened up really well and is very functional.
Very, very happy!
My surgeon is a urology surgeon at a Cancer Institute, so he's not really the best source to discuss length and girth through cycling. So, everything I've learned was from Drs. Clavell and Perito.
I cycle 2X/day with Perito Exercises. I already have recovered my size
And,the pump has softened up really well and is very functional.
Very, very happy!
66. 3x colorectal cancer survivor. 2x Stage 4. Chemo,Type 2 diabetes,took its toll on my ED. Pills, VED, HRT no longer worked.AMS 700 LGX/Tenacio implanted 11/4/25. 15cmw/2cm RTE. Cycling daily. Now 6.25"L & 5.75"G. Happy & Lucky!
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
Vincent, so glad to hear that your revision recovery has went really well and you’ve gotten back to your size.
I’m thankful that my MS pump still works good and makes that vibration. I can even hear mine when it’s deflating too.
On your revision, did you get the new Tenacio pump again or did you get the old MS pump?
It won’t be long till you’re back in the saddle and using your 2.0 Bionic Weapon!
Your Bionic Brother in Texas
SWorks
I’m thankful that my MS pump still works good and makes that vibration. I can even hear mine when it’s deflating too.
On your revision, did you get the new Tenacio pump again or did you get the old MS pump?
It won’t be long till you’re back in the saddle and using your 2.0 Bionic Weapon!
Your Bionic Brother in Texas
SWorks
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
-
vincentarpino
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2025 7:35 pm
- Location: Somewhere, NY
Re: My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
Thanks SW
Tenacio Pump again. All is well and back in the saddle again
Tenacio Pump again. All is well and back in the saddle again
66. 3x colorectal cancer survivor. 2x Stage 4. Chemo,Type 2 diabetes,took its toll on my ED. Pills, VED, HRT no longer worked.AMS 700 LGX/Tenacio implanted 11/4/25. 15cmw/2cm RTE. Cycling daily. Now 6.25"L & 5.75"G. Happy & Lucky!
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: My Revision - AMS 700 LGX
vincentarpino wrote:Thanks SW
Tenacio Pump again. All is well and back in the saddle again
Yay!
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, ClaudeBot, DotBot and 86 guests
