Revision/ infection/salvage

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Flounder
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Location: SE. PA.

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Flounder » Mon May 25, 2026 10:04 am

Rider1400 wrote:Flounder, wow! You must have been slightly undersized! Gained 3cm on revision! Did you notice the difference of the 24 xl being bigger in diameter? I could see a slight difference just with what I was pumped up after surgery. I was able to cycle for about a week before things went south but was very aware of the girth difference between the 20cm and the 24cm.
Anxiously waiting to see how this one goes! Good luck on your revision and can’t wait to see how both of our 24s compare to previous size.


Actually, the left side gained 4 cm. However, saying I gained 3 cm overall is probably more accurate since the right cylinder determined my measurable length. I always felt my first implant was slightly undersized, and having a full centimeter trimmed from the left cylinder was too much.

I was sent home about 70% inflated from revision surgery and have to stay that way for 5 weeks — I still have another week to go with a 24/7 boner. Visually, my revision girth does appear larger, like you mentioned. Although, according to Coloplast specs, the XL series cylinders have the same expanded 21 mm diameter as the 20–22 cm lengths. I guess time will tell where everything settles. For now, I’m just looking forward to being deflated and starting the cycling journey.

How is your recovery from the salvage surgery going?
72, ED from NS-RALP Oct’12 and SRT for PCa return Oct’16. Pills & injections ran their course.
Implanted; Nov’22 Titan Classic 22cm. L-side trimmed -1cm. Ectopic HSM reservoir
Revision; Apr’26 Titan Classic 24+1cm BS. Reused original reservoir.

Discovernew
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:14 pm

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Discovernew » Mon May 25, 2026 12:11 pm

Flounder wrote:
Rider1400 wrote:Flounder, wow! You must have been slightly undersized! Gained 3cm on revision! Did you notice the difference of the 24 xl being bigger in diameter? I could see a slight difference just with what I was pumped up after surgery. I was able to cycle for about a week before things went south but was very aware of the girth difference between the 20cm and the 24cm.
Anxiously waiting to see how this one goes! Good luck on your revision and can’t wait to see how both of our 24s compare to previous size.


Actually, the left side gained 4 cm. However, saying I gained 3 cm overall is probably more accurate since the right cylinder determined my measurable length. I always felt my first implant was slightly undersized, and having a full centimeter trimmed from the left cylinder was too much.

I was sent home about 70% inflated from revision surgery and have to stay that way for 5 weeks — I still have another week to go with a 24/7 boner. Visually, my revision girth does appear larger, like you mentioned. Although, according to Coloplast specs, the XL series cylinders have the same expanded 21 mm diameter as the 20–22 cm lengths. I guess time will tell where everything settles. For now, I’m just looking forward to being deflated and starting the cycling journey.

How is your recovery from the salvage surgery going?


Hey Flounder,
i'm curious, if you gained 4cm on the revision, did you notice any difference in actual penis length, or same as always?
Implanted October 11, 2024, Dr Karaman. Infla10 AX 20cm +1cm RTE.
My Implant Journal - Click Here

ED about 14 years. Pills worked for 12 years, later worked 50%. Tried almost everything, nothing worked: Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox, Etc

staphylococcusecoli
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:46 am

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby staphylococcusecoli » Mon May 25, 2026 1:00 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I’m thrilled to learn that revisions can lead to a gain of 4 centimeters.
GRATEFUL TO BIONIC BROTHERHOOD

Rider1400
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Location: Benton Arkansas

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Rider1400 » Tue May 26, 2026 7:22 am

Flounder, my revision/salvage is going great except for this terrible pain in my glans. Mostly on the underside and seems a little more on my left side. The tip of the left cylinder goes about a 1/2cm past the left and It is centered in the glands. He did a tunneling procedure because both tips were just under skin on bottom so he made a space more in center. Been doing a lot of reading and I either have a damaged nerve or a compressed nerve. If I touch the tip in any way it sets it on fire! And stays that way for hours! No milking out last drops when you pee or can’t even gently shake it off. I’ve found the baby sock seems to help when wearing sweats. I’m two weeks out tomorrow and every thing else is healing great! My pump is like it’s not even been touched although I know he changed it out. No swelling at all. I could easily pump or deflate now as far as the pump goes. Incision is practically healed. I have a PICC line in my arm and have been doing 3 injections a day of antibiotics since surgery. I have 3 more days and finally get line out on Friday. Hoping pain will go away so I can use this thing!!! Only had sex two times with previous implant and both were pretty much a disaster and lead to a LOT of pain afterwards. It will be 13 weeks tomorrow since I had my first revision and at least 3 more weeks to go if infection don’t come back or this pain don’t go away, before I can possibly use it! Keep posting about yours. Anxious to hear how yours works at first pump.
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed

Discovernew
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:14 pm

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Discovernew » Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:46 am

Rider1400 wrote:Flounder, my revision/salvage is going great except for this terrible pain in my glans. Mostly on the underside and seems a little more on my left side. The tip of the left cylinder goes about a 1/2cm past the left and It is centered in the glands. He did a tunneling procedure because both tips were just under skin on bottom so he made a space more in center. Been doing a lot of reading and I either have a damaged nerve or a compressed nerve. If I touch the tip in any way it sets it on fire! And stays that way for hours! No milking out last drops when you pee or can’t even gently shake it off. I’ve found the baby sock seems to help when wearing sweats. I’m two weeks out tomorrow and every thing else is healing great! My pump is like it’s not even been touched although I know he changed it out. No swelling at all. I could easily pump or deflate now as far as the pump goes. Incision is practically healed. I have a PICC line in my arm and have been doing 3 injections a day of antibiotics since surgery. I have 3 more days and finally get line out on Friday. Hoping pain will go away so I can use this thing!!! Only had sex two times with previous implant and both were pretty much a disaster and lead to a LOT of pain afterwards. It will be 13 weeks tomorrow since I had my first revision and at least 3 more weeks to go if infection don’t come back or this pain don’t go away, before I can possibly use it! Keep posting about yours. Anxious to hear how yours works at first pump.


Hi Rider, im curious how you are doing now? Hope you are doing well.

Curious about Flouder as well how did the revision go after erosion
Implanted October 11, 2024, Dr Karaman. Infla10 AX 20cm +1cm RTE.
My Implant Journal - Click Here

ED about 14 years. Pills worked for 12 years, later worked 50%. Tried almost everything, nothing worked: Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox, Etc

Rider1400
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Location: Benton Arkansas

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Aug 20, 2026 1:56 pm

Discovernew wrote:
Rider1400 wrote:Flounder, my revision/salvage is going great except for this terrible pain in my glans. Mostly on the underside and seems a little more on my left side. The tip of the left cylinder goes about a 1/2cm past the left and It is centered in the glands. He did a tunneling procedure because both tips were just under skin on bottom so he made a space more in center. Been doing a lot of reading and I either have a damaged nerve or a compressed nerve. If I touch the tip in any way it sets it on fire! And stays that way for hours! No milking out last drops when you pee or can’t even gently shake it off. I’ve found the baby sock seems to help when wearing sweats. I’m two weeks out tomorrow and every thing else is healing great! My pump is like it’s not even been touched although I know he changed it out. No swelling at all. I could easily pump or deflate now as far as the pump goes. Incision is practically healed. I have a PICC line in my arm and have been doing 3 injections a day of antibiotics since surgery. I have 3 more days and finally get line out on Friday. Hoping pain will go away so I can use this thing!!! Only had sex two times with previous implant and both were pretty much a disaster and lead to a LOT of pain afterwards. It will be 13 weeks tomorrow since I had my first revision and at least 3 more weeks to go if infection don’t come back or this pain don’t go away, before I can possibly use it! Keep posting about yours. Anxious to hear how yours works at first pump.


Hi Rider, im curious how you are doing now? Hope you are doing well.


Infection returned 3 days after I stopped iv antibiotics. Had removal surgery(explantation)shortly after. Have to wait 3 months before going back with new one. I’m 10 weeks in now and scheduled for new implant September 2nd. All pain is gone. No appearances of any issues. Had a in person visit with Dr past Monday and all is a go. Been using a VED hard and heavy last 6-7 weeks and keeping it all stretched out. Hoping for best results.


Curious about Flouder as well how did the revision go after erosion
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed

Discovernew
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:14 pm

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Discovernew » Thu Aug 20, 2026 2:27 pm

Rider1400 wrote:

Infection returned 3 days after I stopped iv antibiotics. Had removal surgery(explantation)shortly after. Have to wait 3 months before going back with new one. I’m 10 weeks in now and scheduled for new implant September 2nd. All pain is gone. No appearances of any issues. Had a in person visit with Dr past Monday and all is a go. Been using a VED hard and heavy last 6-7 weeks and keeping it all stretched out. Hoping for best results.


Oh damn, im so sorry about the explantation. So you have nothing at all now? What is your plan for september 2nd? which model of implant will you get and with which doctor?

Did any warranty cover these multiple surgeries or you needed to pay each surgery out of pocket? may i ask how much all of this is costing?
Implanted October 11, 2024, Dr Karaman. Infla10 AX 20cm +1cm RTE.
My Implant Journal - Click Here

ED about 14 years. Pills worked for 12 years, later worked 50%. Tried almost everything, nothing worked: Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox, Etc

Rider1400
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Location: Benton Arkansas

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Aug 20, 2026 4:04 pm

Discovernew wrote:
Rider1400 wrote:

Infection returned 3 days after I stopped iv antibiotics. Had removal surgery(explantation)shortly after. Have to wait 3 months before going back with new one. I’m 10 weeks in now and scheduled for new implant September 2nd. All pain is gone. No appearances of any issues. Had a in person visit with Dr past Monday and all is a go. Been using a VED hard and heavy last 6-7 weeks and keeping it all stretched out. Hoping for best results.


Oh damn, im so sorry about the explantation. So you have nothing at all now? What is your plan for september 2nd? which model of implant will you get and with which doctor?

Did any warranty cover these multiple surgeries or you needed to pay each surgery out of pocket? may i ask how much all of this is costing?


Plan is go back with same implant and hopefully same length. Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed for a total of 23cm. Classic pump. Yes going back with same Dr. he’s one of the best out there! I don’t feel he made any mistakes… I just drew the short straw! Dr is either close to or over 2,000 implants in his history and still maintaining one of the lowest infection rates out there. He and I both think my infection started in the old reservoir location and migrated to the new implant. He had to do a lot of work to remove the old reservoir and possibly some new tool he used might have caused the infection or possibly it was a dormant infection from my original implant 4 plus years earlier. We’re both scratching our heads as to why I got the second one. Either way I still trust that I’ll get this next one right!.
Correct I have a totally limp divk! Use VED 2-3 times a day to keep cavernosa open as possible for a best result upon replant.It has been very challenging mentally but almost thru it! Haveing an amazing understanding wife has helped a LOT!
I have a good insurance policy that covered my implant 100% after I met my $3,500 out of pocket max. So I met that after my first revision. I assume that there was no charge from coloplast or Dr on the rest of surgeries but was only billed by anesthesiology and hospital. Haven’t paid a penny personally after initial out of pocket.
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed

Kodixx
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2025 5:32 pm

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Kodixx » Sun Aug 23, 2026 11:52 am

Rider1400, really sorry to hear about all that's happened. Sending best wishes and yes you're blessed to have a supportive and understanding wife.

- Chuck
Rider1400 wrote:Plan is go back with same implant and hopefully same length.
Use VED 2-3 times a day to keep cavernosa open as possible for a best result upon replant. It has been very challenging mentally but almost thru it! Haveing an amazing understanding wife has helped a LOT!
Feb 2025 58yo, 38 w/ greatest wife ever
AMS CX, Tenacio, Dr Broghammer (excellent) pre-op L:7", post-op @ 9 mo L: 6.5=>7.0" G: 5.5=>5.75"
2wks pain, cycling/sex @ 7wks, minor pain until 10wks, felt like 'new normal' sex @ 16wks

Rider1400
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Location: Benton Arkansas

Re: Revision/ infection/salvage

Postby Rider1400 » Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:56 am

Thought I would update on this old post if you didn’t see my new one. Had new implant September 2nd. Got a 20cm plus 1cm RTE due to scaring in the proximal depth. Said he inflated it and length shows about the same outward. Time will tell. I’m at day 9 and all is healing perfectly. Zero pain in glans and incision is dry and healing up like it should. My length although only about 40-50% pumped up seems about right for amount of fluid in it. Getting very anxious to put the pumps in to see wheee I’m really at. Dr insisted I wait til 6 weeks to start cycling as incision in cavernosa was slightly larger due to multiple surgeries. I’ll probably deflate and gradually pump back where I am at around 4 weeks and hold off on lots of pressure til 6 weeks as he explained. Planning a 7 day work/vacation with the wife in charlotte NC and driving to the east coast for a few days in late October. Should be my 8th week so hopefully able to start breaking this thing in properly during that trip!
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bytespider, ClaudeBot, YandexBot and 81 guests