Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
-
Claywcl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2026 6:01 pm
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
Yes, penis shrinkage is real and very common after a prostatectomy! It happened to me!
-
LGXDownunder
- Posts: 958
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2025 7:59 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
Claywcl wrote:Yes, penis shrinkage is real and very common after a prostatectomy! It happened to me!
Same for me. Penile atrophy post prostatectomy is common. Fortunately it's reversible with regular and diligent VED therapy if you get onto it fairly quickly. I'm glad I didn't waste time getting started when it became obvious I'd lost length and girth. Over time I restored what was lost as have many others. Then if ED caused by the prostatectomy doesn't quickly resolve naturally, and pills, injections or other treatments don't work, I recommend going for an implant as soon as possible. It's literally life changing.
72, married, Sydney Oz. PC/nerve sparing RRP Mar 2022 caused 100% total ED. Tried pills, Trimix inj, focal shockwave, VED. All failed. Implanted Mar 6 2025 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm, no RTEs, MS pump, Penoscrotal. Back to 6.5" BPEL @ 9m. Loving it.
-
kbb1957
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:23 pm
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
LGXDownunder wrote:I recommend going for an implant as soon as possible. It's literally life changing.Claywcl wrote:Yes, penis shrinkage is real and very common after a prostatectomy! It happened to me!
ASAP for getting the implant. Life changing is an understatement.
Implanted 9/12/2024 at age 67;
Vertical Penoscrotal approach with separate reservoir incision;
Dr Allen Morey, McKinney, Texas;
Coloplast Titan XL 26 cm base cylinder-no RTE, Genesis pump, 125 cc reservoir.
Vertical Penoscrotal approach with separate reservoir incision;
Dr Allen Morey, McKinney, Texas;
Coloplast Titan XL 26 cm base cylinder-no RTE, Genesis pump, 125 cc reservoir.
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1305
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
Kodixx wrote:For those with an implant, do you think using and/or cycling will prevent age-related shrinkage ?
- Chuck
So far (10 months post-op) I would say yes. My size in my 20s was right at 9” or a hair more. By the time I had my implant surgery at 58, my size was down to about 8.5”. Right after surgery it was 8”, back up to 8.5” a few weeks later.
Last week my girlfriend commented that I felt bigger lately. I re-measured and lo and behold, I’m now 8.75”. Will I ever get back to 9”? Don’t know, don’t care. But things do seem to have stretched out more toward my original size since surgery.
Also immediately post-op girth was 6”, then 6.5” a few weeks later. Now 6.7”, and it feels very close to my original dimensions.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
Alan810
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:38 pm
- Location: South Florida
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
I had a Greenlight procedure done many years ago and coincidentally or not, my ED issues started around that time. Not only was the ability to get and maintain an erection and issue, but so was size which has gotten progressively smaller. My penis replicates a turtle, with the head hiding, even though I'm circumcised. I am able to bring it out of hiding with my "Medical Grade" VED using a ring (sometime 2) and the length and girth is similar to that it was when young - so I'm happy with that. The one issue that I still have and miss is a normal orgasm. Mine are retrograde and seem to getting less and less intense as time goes by. Sometimes they kind of sneak up on me and I didn't know it occurred until after - no explosive feeling - just pulsating. How common is this to those FT members that are also in their vintage years; had prostate issues: have Ed or just have retrograde ejaculations?
85 yrs old. Married 42 yrs. On meds for B/P, Cholesterol and BPH. Greenlight procedure yrs ago. 30 yrs ED w/Retrograde Ejaculations. Tried Pills, Injections & different pumps. Excellent results with ErecAId pump & Beige D & Gray D rings.
-
1sfman
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2025 9:12 am
- Location: Central Illinois
Re: Is penis atrophy real and does your penis shrink with age?
I have no doubt age atrophy is real. I have not had a prostatectomy, so fortunately I haven't had an issue due to that. However, my ED and lack of nocturnal erections as well as the inability to get and maintain a solid erection over several years led to shrinkage. I started to use a VED several months prior to implant surgery and slowly regained most of my length. Pre-op I got to 6 1/4 inches.
I'm 7 months post-op and I had previously posted that I was at 5 7/8 inches. I have the CX implant and supposedly it doesn't expand, but I decided to measure up this morning when I cycled and I measured a solid 6 inches. Who knows, maybe I'll get a bit more over the coming months. Doesn't matter really though, the wife is very pleased (as am I) with what I've got. That's all that matters. But I will continue to cycle daily, or almost every day to maintain what I've got. I'll use it so I don't lose it!
I'm 7 months post-op and I had previously posted that I was at 5 7/8 inches. I have the CX implant and supposedly it doesn't expand, but I decided to measure up this morning when I cycled and I measured a solid 6 inches. Who knows, maybe I'll get a bit more over the coming months. Doesn't matter really though, the wife is very pleased (as am I) with what I've got. That's all that matters. But I will continue to cycle daily, or almost every day to maintain what I've got. I'll use it so I don't lose it!
75 YO (1951). Happily married since 1972 (A couple since 1968). ED since age 60. Viagra, then Cialis, Trimix/Quadmix and VED. AMS 700 CX, 21cm + 1cm RTE left side, MS pump & 100cc reservoir. Implanted using Infrapubic procedure Jan 21, 2026.
Return to “General Discussion”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 166 guests
