8 Week Update - Adverse Event & More adverse event

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
learnmore
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2026 1:54 pm

Re: 8 Week Update - Adverse Event (More adverse)

Postby learnmore » Sun Aug 30, 2026 4:58 pm

learnmore wrote:Hello all - Yesterday August 10th was my 8 week from my initial surgery on June 15th.
Unfortuate events developed.
Thursday August 6th for me a normal day. No discomfort, no pain , I even masturbated in the bed that night.
And that day I had exchanged emails with my Dr. that my small incision hole is neither getting worse nor getting better so he said ok, come see on Monday and we made appt for 9:30 am Monday morning. My reason was to ask why what he had mentioned granulation tissue is not getting better after 2 weeks (since he said its granulation tissue and will heal).
I woke up on Friday August 7th with chills and some fever. I didn’t even think that it has anything to do with my incision hole. I also saw some puss on the incision hole which a bit more that usual so I send email to my Dr with picture puss on it, and he re-iterated that come on Monday I will check it. I also told him that I woke up chills and some fever but I don’t think they are related. I was so confident because on Thursday I was fine and out dinner in city and all was well.
Most of Friday, I felt weak, and random chills mostly slept through out the day. I also pussed more than usual. I didn’t worry about puss because I was very sick and sleeping whole day.
Starting Saturday early morning, my small incision opening (which I mentioned in my 6 weeks update post), was pussing non-stop. I mean if you touch it little bit it will, I though it clear after a few push but I won’t stop so. I went to urgent care near my home, and they gave me Bactrim and they knew I am seeing Dr on Monday but now I was worried and Saturday to Monday is two days so I wanted some anti-biotic.
I saw my Dr on Monday, he looked at it and he pushed the are a bit and it pussed. He made grimaced face and said: I am sorry , you have infection.
Two days of continuous pussing had me mentally prepared me for this news.
Then he explained that IPP has to be taken out and if corpora is clear then a malleable can be put in until everything else heals.
But if puss is present in Corpora then Malleable cannot be put in. He knew that I will be leaving for a business trip later Monday afternoon but he wants to do it asap. I said forget about my business trip and how about today? How about now. He said , yes lets do it today. He asked me to go to Mt Sinai ER and checkin and he will call his Urology team there to expect me and he will get there after completing few surgery from the office I was seeing him. (He works from a branch where there is no ER but its Ambulatory and can perform same day surgery. My last surgery was in this Ambulatory office).
I went to Mount Sinai main hospital and checked in. Someone from his team greeted me after triage etc and my Dr arrived around 4:30 pm and everything was prepared waiting for him and I was in Operating room by 4:45 and I believe explant surgery finished by 6:30 pm (based on the time my wife received call from him). I don’t know when I was fully in my senses but I woke up in recovery room and then I went to feel my dick and there was something hard there. I was relieved he was able to put malleable but I didn’t trust myself. It was late I was told Dr will call you in the morning. I did send him an email asking if he was able to put in malleable.
I stayed overnight in the hospital as he wanted me to.
In the morning he confirmed that while reservoir and pump area were infected, corpora was clean and no puss so he put in 19 cm malleable (my Titan IPP was 20 cm).
I was happy to hear this news. with malleable in, and rest of drug keeping me high I was very upbeat whole day today. I was even working lying in hospital bed, making calls, sending emails. Except for an half hour episode of pain (7 am - 7pm after some doctor changed my bandage) which was resolved quickly after pain meds.
It’s 7:30 pm day after surgery and I have 0 pain, 0 discomfort if I am lying in bed. When I get up and sit , there is discomfort and when I walk around hospital lobby I feel weak. I am staying in hospital again tonight because they are waiting for the specific culture of bacterias in the the blood for this surgery and want to send home with most appropriate anti-biotic. And that result will arrive tomorrow.

TLDR version: Unfortunate that I got infection. Fortunate that they were able to salvage with malleable. Now hope for this to work out. One day at a time. Thank you brothers.

--------------------------------
I would like to provide additional update.
Here are sequence of events:
6/15/2026 - IPP Coloplast w Dr Leon Telis
8/10/2026 - Salvage w Genesis MPP (19 cm) with Dr Telis due to Staph Infection
8/16/2026 - Infection appears ago with puss coming out
8/17/2026 - Went to ER in St. Francis (Long Island)
8/19/2026 - Another salvage with Genesis MPP (20 cm) with Dr. Gregory Amend (My original Dr was traveling in europe and I had a bad taste because of two back to back infection)
Was in hospital for a full weeks (8/17 to 8/21)
So far it has been 11 days from last surgery and no pain , no discharge , minor glans sensitivity and all is recovering well.
Was in very dark place while in hospital (8/17 - 8/18) before the surgery, waiting for 3rd surgery in 9 weeks (2nd in 2 weeks.)
I had given up and asked the Dr’s PA to tell the Dr I want nothing put in and I will deal with consequences later. Basically I was tired and afraid of infection again if the salvage was done.
Notified closed ones about my decision.
I was totally broken psychologically, but Dr Amend talked me out of it. And he did the salvage and so far so good.
Age 56. Titan Coloplast w Classic Pump 20 cm by Dr. Leon Telis on 6/15/2026
Infection and Salvage 19 cm Genesis MPP by Dr. Leon Telis on 8/10/2026
Re-Infection and Salvage 20 cm Genesis MPP by Dr. Gregory Amend on 8/19/2026

Kodixx
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2025 5:32 pm

Re: 8 Week Update - Adverse Event & More adverse event

Postby Kodixx » Thu Sep 03, 2026 12:16 pm

learnmore, that sounds like quite a ride :( Glad to hear you are on the mend and sending best wishes for a fast and complete recovery :)

- Chuck
Feb 2025 58yo, 38 w/ greatest wife ever
AMS CX, Tenacio, Dr Broghammer (excellent) pre-op L:7", post-op @ 9 mo L: 6.5=>7.0" G: 5.5=>5.75"
2wks pain, cycling/sex @ 7wks, minor pain until 10wks, felt like 'new normal' sex @ 16wks


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], buddypayne, YandexBot and 170 guests