My revision size
-
Rider1400
- Posts: 1531
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm
- Location: Benton Arkansas
My revision size
Initially I had a 20cm Titan with 1cm RTE. with my revision I got a 24cm with 1cm trimmed off rear tip so he added 2cm which is what I was hoping and expecting from past reading. My question is… Is a 24cm Titan the same diameter as the 20cm Titan? I have looked on a bunch of Titan info pages and can’t find the diameter differences on the different lengths.
Born 1965 ED at 45 pills,shots all failed.
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed
Implanted 5-22 Titan 20cm with 1cm RTE.
Revision 3-26 Titan 24cm with 1cm trimmed off.
Infection, salvage 5-26 Titan 24cm -1cm trimmed
Explanted 6-17
Implanted 9-2 Titan 22cm less 1 cm trimmed
-
edjohn
- Posts: 448
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:10 am
Re: My revision size
Here’s the only scientific (workbench) data I have come across so far. They tested only 4 Titans so it’s not a very large sample size, but it does show that while all the standard Titans are meant to reach 21mm they can go further. The only difference it seems, is at what pressure.
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5654325/
TL;DR at 20 psi, the 18cm Titans hit 22mm diameter and the 22cm Titans hit 19mm and 18mm respectively. We can only speculate what the longer ones can reach, but I have read one guy reached nearly 23mm.
Note: the Coloplast reps say that they expect patients to be capable of 28 psi working the bulb manually. So off the bat, the average patient should be able to hit +50% pressure over this study, which likely means anybody with strong (or two) hands is able to reach that ~23mm with any of the models.
I have a 28mm demo model on the way and plan to do some experiments with it. Will return!
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5654325/
TL;DR at 20 psi, the 18cm Titans hit 22mm diameter and the 22cm Titans hit 19mm and 18mm respectively. We can only speculate what the longer ones can reach, but I have read one guy reached nearly 23mm.
Note: the Coloplast reps say that they expect patients to be capable of 28 psi working the bulb manually. So off the bat, the average patient should be able to hit +50% pressure over this study, which likely means anybody with strong (or two) hands is able to reach that ~23mm with any of the models.
I have a 28mm demo model on the way and plan to do some experiments with it. Will return!
Oct 7, 2025 - Coloplast Titan Touch XL - 26cm + 0.5cm RTE from Jonathan Clavell
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], I’mJustSayin’, SeekingKnowledge and 126 guests
