Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
-
marlow13
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
I have inguinal hernia that is getting worse and I need to have surgery. Has anyone here ever had hernia surgery with and implant and how did it go? Did they mess up your implant, did you have to change the type of implant? Did you lose any length or girth after the procedure? Thanks for any help with this topic.
61, Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Nashville, TN. I love it❤️
-
GoodWood
- Posts: 1762
- Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 pm
Re: Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
marlow13 wrote:I have inguinal hernia that is getting worse and I need to have surgery. Has anyone here ever had hernia surgery with and implant and how did it go? Did they mess up your implant, did you have to change the type of implant? Did you lose any length or girth after the procedure? Thanks for any help with this topic.
I would call my implant surgeon and ask them to recommend a surgeon to repair the hernia. Once I had booked with the recommended surgeon, I would ask my implant surgeon to brief the general surgeon on anything they need to know to protect the implant.
Hernia repair is a straightforward procedure that doesn't require a specialist. But I'd want my implant surgeon's input on choosing the surgeon, and I'd want the two of them to communicate directly.
58yo, NYC. ED started at 40. Pills, then shots for 10 years. 24cm Coloplast Titan XL w/classic pump by Dr Eid 3/25/2025. Will meet for show & tell.
Implant journal: [url] viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26225[/url]
Implant journal: [url] viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26225[/url]
-
Illuminist
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:48 pm
Re: Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
marlow13 wrote:I have inguinal hernia that is getting worse and I need to have surgery. Has anyone here ever had hernia surgery with and implant and how did it go? Did they mess up your implant, did you have to change the type of implant? Did you lose any length or girth after the procedure? Thanks for any help with this topic.
Yeah, I had inguinal hernia surgery in 2006 and implanted in 2011. Not a problem.
43 Dr. Edward Karpman AMS CX 24cm
-
Wooody
- Posts: 218
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2025 3:04 pm
- Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
GoodWood wrote:I would call my implant surgeon and ask them to recommend a surgeon to repair the hernia. Once I had booked with the recommended surgeon, I would ask my implant surgeon to brief the general surgeon on anything they need to know to protect the implant.
Hernia repair is a straightforward procedure that doesn't require a specialist. But I'd want my implant surgeon's input on choosing the surgeon, and I'd want the two of them to communicate directly.
This is exactly what I did last year (October '25). I met with my IPP Dr first, had him recommend a hernia surgeon he trusted and the 2 of them consulted prior and even during my hernia surgery to ensure the IPP was not damaged. Everything went perfectly for me and my IPP came out of my hernia surgery without any issues.
Titan Classic 22cm + 1cm RTEs - 2/25 - Dr Karpman, Bay Area CA
-
Doggedly_positive
- Posts: 166
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2024 8:11 am
Re: Inguinal Hernia Surgery with implant?
I developed an inguinal hernia about 5 months ago, a year after my IPP implant.
Since the hernia was directly over the reservoir,
I contacted my implant surgeon and told him that I'd like to have it repaired and was he happy to do it?
He agreed and performed the repair about 6 weeks ago, at the same time freeing the pump which had adhered too high post implant.
He did a great job and everything went well.
Since the hernia was directly over the reservoir,
I contacted my implant surgeon and told him that I'd like to have it repaired and was he happy to do it?
He agreed and performed the repair about 6 weeks ago, at the same time freeing the pump which had adhered too high post implant.
He did a great job and everything went well.
RALP with 75% nerve sparing 10/24.
Some tumescence from 5 weeks post op. Erection improved with pills, stalling @ 60%
Frisky with young wife again. Implanted Rigicon 10X 20 cm + 1 cm RTE mid April 25.
Some tumescence from 5 weeks post op. Erection improved with pills, stalling @ 60%
Frisky with young wife again. Implanted Rigicon 10X 20 cm + 1 cm RTE mid April 25.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, Chriss, DotBot, YandexBot and 155 guests
