So I had penile implant surgery 6 months ago and the right cylinder displaced and doesn’t sit within the head so looking to undergo surgery again to fix it. I had the rigicon implanted.
My surgeon is recommending for a sub coronal incision (below the head of the penis and in the shaft) so that he can replace the cylinder into the right position. I am very worried about losing nerve sensations as already lost a lot and people say this can happen with this incision. Furthermore just don’t like the idea of being cut in the shaft at all as this is the part of my penis that will be going in and out of a vagina during sex you know, can’t fuck it up.
My other option is to go with a new higher volume surgeon in the US (I’m in UK) and replace the entire implant for a titan prime. This sounds like a good idea to me because I’m not enjoying the Rigicon pump as it’s too stiff and requires 2 hands. But, I do worry about the larger flaccid with the Titan as I play football regularly and even with the smaller Rigicon flaccid it feels noticeable.
Also have just lost trust with my first surgeon in general based on the way he’s just handled the whole situation of my cylinder being displaced and never even explained why it happened.
At a bit of a crossroads and struggling to make a decision. Just wanna make sure I’m doing the best thing so I can finally just get on with life.
If anyone’s been through a similar situation please let me know. Even if not would be interested to hear opinions about this
Decisions
-
Quincy
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm
- Location: Boise, ID
Re: Decisions
I haven't been through anything like what you have, but I do have a few thoughts that might be worthwhile.
I agree with you that you might want to see a new surgeon and look for a different device. Before my surgery, I interviewed 3 different surgeons to find the one I felt would do the best job. For me it was a combination of 1. tons of experience, 2. minimally invasive and shortest time with risk of infection (I'm diabetic and infection risk is higher), 3. recommended and was very proficient with the implant I wanted (AMS LGX), 4. straightforward, no BS answers to questions, 5. satisfied clients I could talk with. I'm sorry you've had the trouble you've had and I might suspect the surgeon given what you've said. I drove 12 hours from my home for the surgery even though there were local surgeons available, and I'm glad I did.
I have no experience with the Rigicon and the stiffness of its pump. From what I have read, it seems like all pumps are very stiff, especially when new. For my AMS, in the first months after surgery I felt is was very hard to depress the pump. It got easier in hot water, so I even bought a hot tub and used it to help inflate. After 8 years, I still sometimes think it should be easier to inflate, but it's not a huge problem. It's still easier in the hot tub, but much easier overall, wherever I am. So I wouldn't necessarily say a new pump would be easier than the Rigicon. Maybe you could get a chance to squeeze the new Prime pump on a demo model? They certainly say it should pump more easily.
I'm 6 inch at full erection and one of the reasons I wanted the AMS LGX was to "hang" more naturally. My dick doesn't seem long and heavy enough to pull down a stiffer implant. What I have works well, but even with the LGX, the look is not as flat and natural as I'd like. Might want to investigate how the Prime would look on a flaccid penis around the same length as yours. Since it's still so new, that might be difficult. Maybe someone here will have some idea.
Regardless of implant choice, you will likely "feel" bigger and heavier in the groin. Both my implanted dick and my sack felt heavier and even "ponderous" for the first year or so after surgery. The mass of the "new" you is greater than the old mass. I actually liked the feeling after many years of atrophy. Don't worry about how heavy it feels, it's not different enough to cause anyone to comment except perhaps positively. How it hangs or sits in your shorts might be of concern. I'm not uncomfortable in a locker room with my implant, but I probably just don't care as much as some.
Best wishes with whatever you choose. Your goal is to have a working penis that doesn't distract from fun, joy, and self esteem. Do what you think will make that happen best. You deserve it.
Q.
I agree with you that you might want to see a new surgeon and look for a different device. Before my surgery, I interviewed 3 different surgeons to find the one I felt would do the best job. For me it was a combination of 1. tons of experience, 2. minimally invasive and shortest time with risk of infection (I'm diabetic and infection risk is higher), 3. recommended and was very proficient with the implant I wanted (AMS LGX), 4. straightforward, no BS answers to questions, 5. satisfied clients I could talk with. I'm sorry you've had the trouble you've had and I might suspect the surgeon given what you've said. I drove 12 hours from my home for the surgery even though there were local surgeons available, and I'm glad I did.
I have no experience with the Rigicon and the stiffness of its pump. From what I have read, it seems like all pumps are very stiff, especially when new. For my AMS, in the first months after surgery I felt is was very hard to depress the pump. It got easier in hot water, so I even bought a hot tub and used it to help inflate. After 8 years, I still sometimes think it should be easier to inflate, but it's not a huge problem. It's still easier in the hot tub, but much easier overall, wherever I am. So I wouldn't necessarily say a new pump would be easier than the Rigicon. Maybe you could get a chance to squeeze the new Prime pump on a demo model? They certainly say it should pump more easily.
I'm 6 inch at full erection and one of the reasons I wanted the AMS LGX was to "hang" more naturally. My dick doesn't seem long and heavy enough to pull down a stiffer implant. What I have works well, but even with the LGX, the look is not as flat and natural as I'd like. Might want to investigate how the Prime would look on a flaccid penis around the same length as yours. Since it's still so new, that might be difficult. Maybe someone here will have some idea.
Regardless of implant choice, you will likely "feel" bigger and heavier in the groin. Both my implanted dick and my sack felt heavier and even "ponderous" for the first year or so after surgery. The mass of the "new" you is greater than the old mass. I actually liked the feeling after many years of atrophy. Don't worry about how heavy it feels, it's not different enough to cause anyone to comment except perhaps positively. How it hangs or sits in your shorts might be of concern. I'm not uncomfortable in a locker room with my implant, but I probably just don't care as much as some.
Best wishes with whatever you choose. Your goal is to have a working penis that doesn't distract from fun, joy, and self esteem. Do what you think will make that happen best. You deserve it.
Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, Chriss, DotBot, YandexBot and 156 guests
