Please let me know if you know anything more.
-
nick40
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2024 1:45 pm
Please let me know if you know anything more.
I had an implant placed a year ago, and I enjoy walking for 1–2 hours every day; will this affect the health of the implant?
-
nick40
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2024 1:45 pm
Re: Please let me know if you know anything more.
nick40 wrote:I have an implant placed a year ago, and I enjoy walking for 2-3 hours every day; will this affect the health of the implant?
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: Please let me know if you know anything more.
Nick, I don’t walk 1 to 2 hours a day but I ride my road bike 2 to 3 hours every other day for an average of 140 miles a week. I’ve had my implant for 5 years and I haven’t had any problems.
Knock on wood! Pun intended
SWorks
Knock on wood! Pun intended
SWorks
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1315
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: Please let me know if you know anything more.
Walking is fine. There is some concern with biking or motorcycles because of compression and jarring of the pump area. That can probably be mitigated by choice of saddle and behaviors.
Most folks just seem to go about their normal activities, and that appears to work out fine. Maybe don’t enter bull riding or bronco events at the local rodeo….
Most folks just seem to go about their normal activities, and that appears to work out fine. Maybe don’t enter bull riding or bronco events at the local rodeo….
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
Quincy
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm
- Location: Boise, ID
Re: Please let me know if you know anything more.
I've had my implant 8 years now. For a while, I walked 3-5 miles every day or so and even did a 5k race. I don't walk as much anymore but I play pickleball for 2-3 hours at a time and have done so for about 5 years. No problems of any kind. So I don't have empirical research to support it, but anecdotally I can tell you that the activity has caused no trouble for me.
Best wishes.
Q.
Best wishes.
Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, Chriss, DotBot, YandexBot and 156 guests
