Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
allin320
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2026 12:47 pm

Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

Postby allin320 » Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am

I’m eight weeks postop. I still have a small hematoma around my pump area in my scrotum. Trying to figure out the best way to get rid of it beyond taking anti-inflammatory medication. Has anyone had this happen to them this late postop? I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon October 8. I haven’t started cycling yet because I was told not to in case I wasn’t able to find the deflate button through the hematoma.

Any insight on what I can do to try to help it go away? I’d like to use the damn thing lol.
48 years old, divorced, ED for 8 years. Titan 23cm 8/5/2026

danny1553
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

Postby danny1553 » Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:30 am

Not directly related to the case, but a while ago I had a conversation with an acupuncture doctor on a topic of wound recovery. The doctor was a strong proponent of warm treatment with the purpose of improving blood circulation. She was strongly opposed of ice patches because those might help with the pain bit not necessarily with the healing process.
As long as your care provider approves it, you could use that method. In the worst case scenario it will make no difference.

User avatar
ElbowRoom
Posts: 1305
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm

Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

Postby ElbowRoom » Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:52 am

I had a significant bleed during the first week (my fault) that left me with a huge hematoma and scar tissue around the pump and right testicle that took months to resolve, but it did. Just give it time and don't get impatient.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C

Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months

Kodixx
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2025 5:32 pm

Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

Postby Kodixx » Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:32 pm

allin320, yes I experienced that to a degree that it delayed the start of cycling. In addition, I got to go thru the pump being adhered to my scrotum :( Below is a link to a related post in my Journal. My Dr communicated that there wasn't much to do for it, and it would take time to dissolve -- and he was right :) The adhered pump was a different story.

Another Journal
https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25919&start=20#p250091

- Chuck
allin320 wrote:Has anyone had this happen to them this late postop?
Feb 2025 58yo, 38 w/ greatest wife ever
AMS CX, Tenacio, Dr Broghammer (excellent) pre-op L:7", post-op @ 9 mo L: 6.5=>7.0" G: 5.5=>5.75"
2wks pain, cycling/sex @ 7wks, minor pain until 10wks, felt like 'new normal' sex @ 16wks

LetoMan
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 pm

Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks

Postby LetoMan » Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:52 pm

I had a hematoma, and like Kodixx, my doc and my independent research all pointed to time being the only thing that helps - it slowly dissolves on its own. Agreed, ice won’t help. My doc said I could use a gentle heating pad if I wanted to, but that it probably doesn’t help either.

As far as timing, yes, I still had hematoma at eight weeks postop, though much smaller than the grapefruit I had a few days postop. It continued to shrink over next few months.

The key is that it will go away… you just need to be patient. Sorry about that.

Be well, Leto
Born 1974. Implanted 5/21/2024. AMS 700 CX 21cm, 3cm RTE. Penoscrotal. Venous leak my whole life. Pills helped, but hated the side effects; worked less as I aged. Skipped injections. Grateful to bionic brotherhood that helped me make this decision.


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amazonbot, YandexBot and 162 guests