Capsule formation
-
Mangotin
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2026 10:13 am
Capsule formation
I’m on my 4th week after titan surgery which is better to maximize the capsule capacity. leaving the implant partially inflated all day after cycling and then deflate it completely while sleeping or deflate it completely all day after cycling? And when will capsule form after surgery?
-
SWorks17
- Posts: 1348
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
- Location: Garden Ridge, Texas
Re: Capsule formation
Mangotin wrote:I’m on my 4th week after titan surgery which is better to maximize the capsule capacity. leaving the implant partially inflated all day after cycling and then deflate it completely while sleeping or deflate it completely all day after cycling? And when will capsule form after surgery?
Mangotin, I wasn’t cleared to start cycling the implant until week 6. There are some doctors that start their patients earlier especially if they had the infrapubic install where they don’t have very much swelling in the scrotum.
My doctor’s protocol was twice a day for 20 minutes in a warm shower fully inflated.
I did do extra cycling in a hot tub of water 3 to 4 times a week and see how long I could stay inflated at the max. The reason I did this was because I had a lot of pain in my glans after 20 minutes of full inflation and I wanted to stretch things out.
It took about 6 months before I could go over an hour fully inflated without having discomfort the last 5 minutes.
As long as your cycling the implant and stretching your tissue, you’ll be fine.
The capsule from what I’ve read and been told by my doctor forms after about 3 months.
Best of luck
Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood
Your Bionic Brother in Texas
SWorks
Age 68, Garden Ridge Texas, Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18cm with 3cm RT's installed 5 Nov 2021 by Major Dr Shane Barney, BAMC, San Antonio, Texas, Married 37 years.
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
DOD Pg 131, Faces Pg 27
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 207 guests
